THE OBERÖSTERREICHISCHES LANDESMUSEUM
The exhibition room shows the history of the Oberösterreichisches Landesmuseum since it was founded in 1833.
The path from the “Francisco-Carolinum” Vereinsmuseum to the “Oberösterreichisches Landesmuseum” is marked by modest yet enthusiastic beginnings as well as periods of prosperity and crises in the 19th and 20th century.
Today the “Oberösterreichisches Landesmuseum” consists of several sites with a wealth of collections, research, restoration and educational facilities and exhibitions. An overview provides insight into the current structure and the institution’s work fields.